The Principles of Montessori Education
Montessori education focuses on natural developmental needs of children. Our goal is to give the child the skills to make their own decisions, to think and act independently and responsibly. At House of Kids, we focus on each child individually and encourage them to find and to develop their strengths. “Help me to do it myself” is our motto.
Education is a natural process carried out by the child, and is not acquired by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment. – M. Montessori
The Montessori Principles include:
- Help me to do it myself: Establishing self-confidence and self-esteem
- Freedom within limits: Self-determination in an age appropriate way
- Self-expression: Learning to form our own opinion and listen to others
- Development of the will: Building of self-confidence
- Social cohesion: Encouragement of social development
- Care of self and of others: Learning responsibility in small steps
- Communication and empathy: Learning conflict resolution
- At their own pace: Respect for the developmental rhythm of each individual
Montessori education method is holistic, and the classroom is rich with learning opportunities. We aim to nurture the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of each child.